Wednesday, January 6, 2021

tourmaline dreams

 

In dreams, I've seen tourmaline, a magnetic stone. 

Black can root you, pink stun your heart.

A woman alone in the snow, below freezing

eats ptarmigan, befriends foxes.


I cannot weep or sleep.

I am bruised, cursed,

like a wounded rock dove.

Some have no love for this bird.

Some have no love for the words that injured it.


Green tourmaline means

to boost courage, strength.

it's not lust for power, 

but justice you want,

a desire to hold everything together,

to tell the truth.


Capsize your canoe.

Relieve worry, create a feeling of calm.

Sunlit, surface, float like a feather.

Drowning in brown tourmaline 

is impossible. 

You cannot kill a stone.

 

水の石の夢 (mizu no ishi no yume)

water's stone dream

What dream are you?

Multicolored, rare?

 

 I'm betting on blue 

because within you

lies an open mind.

So I chose

blue tourmaline, 

as large as your life.