Sunday, December 8, 2019

"...Don't let Mara destroy you, like a stream does its reeds."
- Dhammapada 24.337













Bhumiparsha

Nesting in my open left  hand
a bird -
her first spring, she sings.
I plant my five right fingers -
they bring forth
saplings.

_________________________

"With spiritual guidance, the delusion of pride becomes the wisdom of sameness."











Varada

Here are two palms,
heaven and earth.
In the air
between,
I've seen a mirror
without
reflections.

________________________












Dhyana

Saykamuni,
Amitibha,
my thanks to you,
who
led him,
hands at peace,
to recite this as he was dying:

Tayata Om Bekandze 
Bekandze Maha Bekandze
Radza Samudgate Soha

(tadyathā:) oṃ bhaiśajye 

bhaiśajye mahābhaiśajye 

bhaiśajyarāje samudgate svāhā.


Deshimaru also knew, as you, the French and Schopenhauer.