Saturday, October 15, 2022

This week I have tried to give myself the gift of time without doing, time to strengthen those things and thoughts not yet ready to leave me. 

It's a challenge to think without a stated purpose. Daydreaming streams. Letting go of the inner prose and watching new words slip through the brain's net. This a nexus I need.

If I want a sense of forward, I can return to learning languages. I literally need them to store more, as I seek or retrieve new  words

_____________________________________________

 

The morning fog has helped me understand land.

I fret over garden growth, giving plants places to thrive. I've got to get more clay pots, breathable skin for new beginnings.

_________________________________________________

 

Some days I move from desk to terrace like a sonambulist,  other days  I stay with words like a hungry  hunting bird. 

The next step is to let my life leak into more of my fiction.


_____________________________________________________________________________

Rosemary leaves spotted yellow

tell all in plangency

as in too a harp of dark woad

disappearing

into the sea 

near you

is a niche and cranny fortune

your love of

salt air may save save you

as the trees burn.