Tuesday, September 29, 2020

 notes to myself:

(pink notes):
 
Think,
execute,
respond,
review.
 
You, the fruit
the airborne
Prunus spinosa
 
a winged thing
without wings
believe in
regeneration.
 
It starts like this -
you,
a fish
out of water
alter
your
fins,
begin
to grow 
legs,
to walk,
or take root,
and so
become
the  loaves
and fields
that feed 
what you need.
 
I too am
on fire 
in California.
Best to remember
as I do, 
that we all fall
through time,
and change -
you, me, 
sea fish, tree.
 
Nothing lasts,
not even ash.
Think link.
It's 
this I see
that's
eternity.
 
 
__________________

It's now or never,
sever links
from....
(finish this sentence)
 
__________________
 
(blue notes)
 
a celestial
terrestrial -
thrush
warbler
creeper
 
(blew)
 
Blown
off course!
I've always known
you'd hurt them,
me, again.
See?
I've given 
too much time
to your (wind) 風 Kaze.

_________________________
 
(wind) άνεμος  ánemos
Who stole your brave heart?
Aren't you longing
for your pain to end?
Hah.
You'll be the last to know,
though you've
been
again and again
mindworked,
psyche culled.
It's
still all 
inside
as it ever is,
always was.

I stay afloat
by pushing my boat
into deeper seas,
when
terror
returns,
churns sand,
reveals
old stones.
Flaked chert 
hurts,
but somehow not as much 
in open water.
___________________________

Me too.
I'm through with weaponized empathy.
 ___________________________
 
The snow collector,
whorled milkweed,
requires clay
to flourish,
flowers summerlong.
 
Asclepias verticillata -
does no harm,
whispers to snakes,
makes me
monarch strong.
Milkweed,
are you ready
for our long voyage 
to the end?
_______________________________