Monday, January 1, 2018

five days


o n e

deep breaths
300 seconds as one breath
slow


go outside
walk northeast


20 minutes
moving


still
stay near
touch
this
bush refuge for
sparrows


I heard a bird
in this bush
chanting:
sunim
stay and pray with me


t w o

you observe you
deeply

ask:

"What should I do so I carry no regrets at the end of my life?"

out of your middle into stars

something of bones and blood before they flee



t h r e e

five gratitudes

1
l i g h t
brilliant day, full moon

2
heat
-19C, warm house

3
resilience
I remain, because of

4
purpose
reconstruct, resurrect
at core, this

5
friendship, kin
begin again
love


f o u r


kindness and compassion

I have socks that say 柴犬
I walk them

today a gift to you
to walk you through
this year

clearly, today, the weather isn't
but our hearts are





f i v e

My brain was cluttered with numerous open files. 
I was pushing life away.
- Dr. Amit Sood

kitchen
well
seiche plashing

white sky
cold

told
myself

do
less
best

turn
inside
out